The Home Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Muscle Memory

So I'm crap at keeping up nowadays, I know. But my schedule is as ridiculous and mind bending as they come, so maintaining a blog or two is, unfortunately, not on my list of priorities.

I'm struggling with my dance classes. Remembering choreography and maintaining it is a muscle memory sort of thing, and my choreography muscle is feeble and atrophied from never having had to truly use it, so the speed of learning in these classes is really really challenging me. Contemporary, ballet and Broadway styles - three classes, three workouts (two boot camps!), three combinations, one confused fancer brain. I try to practice when I have time, but I can't remember the choreography to practice, so I tried writing it down, but I also don't remember it enough to write it. I tried filming it, but my camera is broken. I'm starting to stress out. Some days I wonder why I got into this school.

What do you do when trying your best isn't quite enough?

1 comment:

  1. well i totally know how you feel! but don't give up, just keep going, you got into the school. so keep at it, you'll soon realise that it isn't all that bad and that you just need some sleep! :D as for remembering the choreography, try getting home after rehersal, and go over everything you can remember, and if you don't remember straight away it will come back to you as you dance through the rest of the moves! thats what i do, and i find it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete