The Home Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6/8 Yeah!

It may sound feeble, but it's a start, my friends - I ran the mile loop around my house without stopping. Usually I make it in about 11 - 13 minutes with some walking interspersed, but today I managed to make it around without stopping to walk. It's a small milestone, but it's a fairly big hurdle, considering how out of shape I am.

I think the majority of the reason I made it today is because there were a million people outside at this hour, and there's something very motivating about running in front of people. Every street I turned onto and considered stopping to walk, there was another group of people or another person there to observe as I trotted by, and I didn't want to suffer the slight embarrassment of being too out of shape to continue running while there were people watching. And I was wearing my NYU Tisch shirt, so I had to show off a little. ;)

Milestone reached - I don't know if I can maintain that, but I'm going to try. Now that I know I am capable, maybe it will only get easier from here. I don't know, but I sure hope so. And the pool is now open, so there will be all sorts of cardio happening once the water warms up a bit.

Now for some dinner and a shower. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment