The Home Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Tony Night

Technically it was last night, now, but this evening was the celebration of the 62nd Annual American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards. Insert cheering and happy buzzing. It really was as inspiring as ever, I'm just supremely tired right now.

Bravo to the winners, and a huge bravo to the Eugene O'Neill Theatre Center of Waterford, Connecticut, for getting the Regional Theatre Tony Award - that little theatre down the road got a freakin Tony! Neat stuff, man.

I can't find a picture that effectively describes what I'm thinking of right now, since the sheer phenomenal ability of those Broadway dancers absolutely overwhelms and stuns me no matter how many shows or clips of shows I see. It's incredible to watch, but terrifying as well, because that, above all, is my true Achilles heel. I have to learn to dance.

Please note exhibit A:

This is from Come Fly With Me, a dance musical set to the crooning sounds of Frank Sinatra.

Beautiful choreography, blah blah blah...

Please observe Karin Plaintadit, the lovely woman being dipped by Keith Roberts.



Now please observe Karin Plaintadit's legs.

That's all.



I might abuse my body this summer, but it's only to help me. I have to remember that. I need this. I have to fight for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment