The Home Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nice Start, Huh?

I give this baby blog a swift shove out of the starting gate... and then promptly drop it on it's out of shape butt. Go me.

Since trying to kick start this separate effort, a lot of crazy crap has gone down in my life, which has, unfortunately, left me struggling in this department. The weekend following Fancer's creation, I was playing happy little homemaker with a friend of mine while her significant other and my family were out of town (not together, of course, that would be weird, but we were still left alone). We kept active, but it was mostly a weekend made for some fabulous (and healthy!) cooking and some light exercise with plenty of walking around various locales.

Tuesday comes and goes, and then it's 48 hours of anxiety and hell prepping for a wedding on Friday. I was singing in my voice teacher's wedding and have been having communication issues with several of my friends who were also attending the wedding, and I'm tired of people's bullshit anyway, and I was physically and mentally in this state like I had been repeatedly run over by a truck. It certainly was not the best week to try and continue a fledgling health routine.

Today, I thought about starting up again, but mentally I needed a day simply to separate myself from everything and decompress. The stress levels were reaching critical mass, so I spent the day power-washing the deck and reading Cujo before watching NCIS with my parents and one late-night romp into a documentary about The Doors.

The Doors' documentary actually was what made me come back into myself and prompt me to try and start working at bettering myself physically again. Nothing in particular really made me think that, no striking photo or video clip, but something about the entire piece just struck me. I need to really work at making myself better, really working for me. This is my journey, my life and my future that I need to create for myself. I have to be that one step ahead of every other middle-class white female twenty-something if I want to succeed. And I do. I'm going to. I have to.

So, with the beautiful and tragic Jim Morrison serenading my summer, I'm going to restart this adventure tomorrow with some yoga and some more soul-cleansing. I need to unwind. I'm too high-strung, so maybe some mental and physical fasting? I have no idea. I'm making this up as I go.

"You can never burn out if you're not on fire."

No comments:

Post a Comment